Skin tone and hair color
IPL reduces the regrowth of hair by light impulses reaching the hair follicle. The light impulses are absorbed by the hair's color pigment, melanin. The effectiveness depends on the melanin content of your hair. White and gray hair do not contain enough melanin for IPL to work. In addition, IPL requires a low melanin content in the skin, so that the skin does not attract light but the hair. Dark skin tones therefore have a greater tendency to absorb the intensely pulsating light, which can burn the skin.
Appropriate skin tones
Suitable hair colors
Do you have more questions? See our FAQ
When you are going to use the appliance for the first time or after you have recently sunbathed, perform a skin test on a surface you intend to treat with IPL. The skin test is necessary to check the reaction of your skin for a treatment and to determine the correct light intensity (intensity) for each body surface.
01. Choose an area close to the area you intend to treat.
02. Press the on / off button for three seconds to start the machine and make sure you have selected power 1.
03. Hold the device directly against the skin so that the flash window has direct contact with the skin.
04. Press the flash button to release a flash.
05. Slide the device over the skin to the surface to be treated.
06. Increase the intensity with one strength at a time. Repeat this for all levels within the recommended schedule for your skin type.
07. After the skin test, wait 2 hours and check your skin for reactions. If your skin does not show any reaction (redness, redness, burning), you can use your device properly on the areas that are to be treated.